Pages

.

.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Finally our angel is here!!!

Mitch and I were up late hanging out in the nursery imagining how and when our little angel would come into our lives. I still had a week until my actual due date so we weren't planning on anything happening anytime soon.
Wrapping up our late night around 2 a.m. we were both excited and couldn't wait for what was to come....
I woke up at 4:30 a.m. to a warm gush all around me. I started laughing as I turned to Mitch and told him that I thought my water broke. We both got up and were a little frantic as we scrambled around gathering our things and thoughts. I went into the bathroom and started curling my hair, it was the only thing that I knew to do that felt 'right' to me at the time.
We arrived at Mckay Dee Hospital in Ogden Utah around 6:30 a.m. Once we registered and got settled into our delivery room the contractions started. I tried to tough out the intense contractions as long as I could, thinking I had to wait as long as possible (as if it was some sort of womanly thing I had to do) but I finally gave in and had Mitch ask the nurse for my happy drugs.



Once I received the epidural everything seemed to slow down. I took a nap, chewed on ice chips and waited with Mitch, Grandma Brooks, and LaRaine. 







The nurse came back in our room around 4:30 p.m. and instructed me to start pushing. With the help of Mitch and Grandma Brooks on each side of me I pushed for an hour and a half.




Dr Davis showed up and a few pushes later our angel Ella Audrie Buchanan came into our lives.
July 18, 2013 : : 7lbs 15oz : : 20in : : 6:35pm




 She was perfect! Here are a bunch of photos to show off our Sweetie.











  Best day of our lives! We love you Ella!








2 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Congratulations on your precious baby girl. She is beautiful. I am in love with your delivery pictures! Such a special time to capture.

Lennysfury said...

Oh my gosh, when did you start blogging?! I'm so proud of you, now that you did El's birth you need to move on to her 1 yr old birthday!!;) I love the update! You'll be so glad you wrote everything down!